FAQs


How much do I pay upon booking?

When you book more than 90 days in advance, only 25% of the total reservation cost is collected upon booking. The other 75% is due 90 days before your check-in date. If your arrival is in 90 days or less, the total cost of your reservation is due upon booking. No action is needed on your part when payment is due, we'll process all transactions for you and send you an invoice for your records.


What airport should I fly in to?

The airports nearest to South Haven are South Bend International (~57 miles away), Grand Rapids (~63 miles away), and Chicago Midway (~128 miles).


What's your cancellation policy?

A 60-day notice in writing is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than 60 days prior to the arrival date will be assessed a full refund, less a $150 cancellation fee. For reservations canceled within 30 to 59 days before the start of the stay, a refund of 50% of the total payment will be granted, less a $150 cancellation fee. No refund will be provided for any reservations cancelled 29 days or less before the beginning date of the stay.


What does vacation rental travel insurance cover?

Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for the loss of prepaid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverage is available for events such as a sickness or injury of yourself, family member or traveling companion; flight delays due to adverse weather; interruptions of road service; terrorist acts; and mandatory evacuations. The plan also includes other valuable coverages such as Medical and Dental, Baggage, and Emergency Assistance and Transportation in addition to useful services such as identity theft, concierge and 24/7/365 emergency assistance. We highly encourage you to purchase trip insurance to cover your stay in case of a major event which causes you to cancel your getaway. It is a minimal cost and provides you with the peace of mind that your vacation investment is protected if you should need to cancel last minute.


Can I schedule an early check-in?

To ensure that the home is in the condition you deserve, we often are preparing the home right up to the check-in time. That being said, if you wish to enter the home early you may contact us to see if the home is available; early check-in requests will be evaluated on a case-by case basis and up to the discretion of Anchor Point staff.


Can I schedule a late checkout?

Late checkout requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis and up to the discretion of Anchor Point staff. We like to accommodate guest requests where we can, however, this is not always possible as a result of back-to-back reservations, as well as scheduled cleaning and maintenance. Please note that the only way to guarantee a late checkout is by purchasing an extra night.